Friday, January 15, 2016

Review: Tonymoly Shaking Tint Delight in #02 Shaking Red

The hype about oil based lip tints is incredibly on the rise because of its claim about "moisture". Make up brands all over the world (Like YSL & Etude House) have recently invented oil-based lip tints to make lips healthier. Compared to the usual water and cream lip tints that have been around for so long, they're known to last but makes lip chapped and dry.

My lips always tend to parch, whether its hot or cold outside, so I've been on a hunt to find the perfect lip tint that will keep it at bay. I have alot of lip tints but I feel like it's all a waste since whenever I use it, I end up always having cracked sore & rough lips due to its drying formula. But still, I love them because its doesn't eat your time when applying it & it looks far more natural compared to lipsticks.


Last December 2015, I went on to give it a try. During my travel in Hongkong & Macau, I decided to buy this TONYMOLY Shaking Tint Delight in the shade of #02 -Shaking Red, as I was so curious if it does live up to what it says.


Left Photo: (Before Using) You could see the red tint at the bottom, and the oil at the top. 

Right Photo: What it looks like after shaking the lip tint

What it looks like after applying.



How it looks with lip balm and/or moisturizing lipstick and then the Tonymoly lip tint carefully dabbed on the center of my lips




RESULT AFTER 24Hrs: 

Pros
-Instantly felt its moisturizing effect on my lips right after applying it
-Dries fast after using it so there's no waiting time, settled well on lips  
-It's long staying, surprised it's still there after more than 24 hrs 
-Very handy, even without mirror; easy application when on the go; not messy to put on


Cons
-Tint wont stick on my upper lip, just on the lower side of my upper lip and bottom lip. Makes sense? You could actually see it on the 2nd lower collage picture above, that the tint stained there. Even if I used my hand to evenly dab it on the upper lip area, It did not stay. Kind of weird.  
(Maybe thats how they really made this.. so it would look like it's 'just-bitten-Iips' or I just- ate a-red -bazooka-candy -kind-of-lips hahaha)
-Hard to remove even if you use oil base make up remover. How ironic.
-My lips was already dry around an hour or 2 of applying it :( lips beginning to chap after 4hrs or so  (Maybe the cold weather of Macau added to my lips condition) 
-Leaves uneven weird stain at the end of the day that doesnt fade completely
-Stains your clothing and finger; hard to remove when you use them in dabbing instead of the plastic applicator
-Not available from where I live, which is in the Philippines but you could still order it online here http://m.koreadepart.com/item/1411368189/

Verdict: 
Overall, I would still use and repurchase this product, but I suggest you to apply lip balm or a moisturizing lipstick before using this lip tint. 

 I love how it's long lasting but hate that it its lack in moisture power is weak.  

I still recommend this product though if you dont have overly dry lips!!! I would give it 7/10 

Hoping this review helped you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment